Computer MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) are an important part of many competitive exams in India, such as Banking, SSC, Railway, UPSC, and State PSC exams (OSSC, OSSSC, OPSC…). These exams assess the candidates’ knowledge and skills in the field of computer science and technology.
The questions in these exams are designed to evaluate the candidate’s understanding of the basic concepts of computer systems, hardware and software, programming languages, databases, networks, and security.
1. What is the primary storage device in a computer?
A) Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
B) Random Access Memory (RAM)
C) Read-Only Memory (ROM)
D) Floppy Disk
2. What is an operating system?
A) Collection of programs
B) Collection of hardware components
C) System software that manages computer hardware and software resources
D) Application software
3. Which of the following is not a generation of computer?
A) Second Generation
B) Third Generation
C) Fourth Generation
D) Fifth Season
4. What is a virus in the context of computers?
A) A type of software used to protect computer systems
B) A small software program designed to spread from one computer to another
C) A program designed to perform a specific function
D) A bug in a computer program
5. Which of the following is not a type of software?
A) System Software
B) Application Software
6. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a computer?
7. What is a bit?
A) A type of computer memory
B) A measure of computer speed
C) The smallest unit of information in a computer
D) A type of computer processor
8. Which of the following is not a type of computer network?
A) Local Area Network (LAN)
B) Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
C) Wide Area Network (WAN)
D) Sky Area Network (SAN)
9. What is the purpose of a compiler?
A) To translate high-level programming language into machine language
B) To translate machine language into high-level programming language
C) To write and test code
D) To debug code
10. What is the most common type of computer mouse?
A) Trackball mouse
B) Touchpad mouse
C) Mechanical mouse
D) Optical mouse