OPSC Medical Officer Recruitment 2023: The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has announced a recruitment drive for 7276 Medical Officers in the Group-A (Junior Branch) of the Odisha Medical & Health Services Cadre under the Health & Family Welfare Department, Odisha. The online application process will start on August 18, 2023 and the last date to apply is September 19, 2023.
Candidates who are interested in the vacancy and meet the required eligibility criteria are encouraged to read the notification thoroughly and proceed with the online application.
|Organization Name||Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)|
|Post Name||Medical Officers Group-A (Junior Branch)|
|Total Vacancy||7276 Posts|
|Job Category||Odisha Govt Job|
|Apply End||19/09/2023 , 11:59PM|
|Salary||Scale of Pay of Rupees 56100/- in Level -12, Cell- 1 of the pay matrix as per|
ORSP Rules, 2017
|Job Location||All Over Odisha|
|More OPSC Jobs||OPSC Recruitment|
- The candidate must have possessed an MBBS or equivalent Degree from a Medical College or Medical Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Must have possessed a valid Registration Certificate under the Odisha Medical Registration Act, 1961.
- Have possessed the required Conversion Certificates recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) in case of candidate having Degrees from Universities of Foreign Countries.
Candidates should meet the following Age Limit for OPSC Medical Officers Recruitment 2023.
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 38 years
- Age relaxation applicable as per Notification rules
- Check your age on Age Calculator.
OPSC Vacancy of 7276 Medical Officers
|SI. No.||Category||Total No. of Vacancies|
|3||Scheduled Caste||1597 (W-532)|
|4||Scheduled Tribe||2465 (W-822)|
Out of the total 7276 number of vacancies mentioned above, the reservation of vacancies in respect of Sports Persons and Persons with Disabilities are given below. The candidates belonging to Sports Persons and Persons with Disabilities shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
|SI. No.||Sub-Category||Total No. of Vacancies|
|1||Sports Persons||73 (W-24)|
|2||Person with Disabilities||291 (W-97)|
|3||Orthopedically Handicapped (OH)||97 (W-33)|
|4||Visually Impaired (VI)||97 (W-32)|
|5||Hearing Impaired (HI)||97 (W-32)|
Candidates for the Medical Officers positions will be selected through a Written Test. Here are the details of the selection process:
- The written examination will consist of a single paper with a total of 200 marks.
- The paper will include 200 questions, each carrying one (01) mark. The questions will follow a Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) pattern.
- The duration of the examination will be three (03) hours.
- There will be no Negative Marking for incorrect answers.
- The qualifying marks will be determined by the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) as per the guidelines provided in the Health and Family Welfare Department Letter No. 17445/H, dated 21.07.2023.
- The syllabus for the examination will align with the Medical Council of India (MCI) Syllabus for the M.B.B.S Course.
Place Of Examination
The Written Examination will be held at Cuttack/ Bhubaneswar. Request for change of Examination Centre shall not be entertained.
How To Apply For OPSC Junior Assistant Recruitment 2023
- Visit the OPSC website (opscrecruitment.in).
- Click on the “Recruitment” tab.
- Click on the “Medical Officers Group-A (Junior Branch)” link.
- Read the notification carefully and check the eligibility criteria.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Fill up the application form and upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form and take a printout for future reference.
- Keep track of important dates related to the recruitment process.
For more information, please check the official notification.