Paradip Port Authority (PPA) is seeking to engage a Chief Manager (Environment) on a contractual basis. The ideal candidate will have a degree from a recognized university in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, M.Sc. in Environmental Science/Environmental Studies, or equivalent qualifications, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the specified areas under Para-(e) in any government organization, laboratory, research organization, or reputed private organization, in a top/senior managerial position. Preference will be given to officers retired from the Indian Forest Service (IFS) with relevant experience.
- Obtaining CTE-CTO from OSPCB, conducting Environmental Audits, and ensuring compliance with EC conditions, including forest and CRZ regulations.
- Handling Environmental Statements, Eco-friendly reports, and Biological Conservation studies.
- Conducting day-to-day environmental monitoring at Paradip Port to ensure compliance with environmental standards and statutory authority directives.
- Managing Environment Clearances for Port & Marine projects from National and State authorities.
- Proficiency in MOEF & CC rules, regulations, procedures, and compliance.
- Liaising with the pollution control board for annual NOC compliance.
- Ensuring environmental safeguards and contributing to the revision/improvement of the Operations Manual (OM).
- Implementing Environment Management Systems related to ISO 14001.
- Leading responses to documentation/reporting requirements from the Office of the MOEF & CC, OSPCB, and inspection panels.
- Participating in policy reviews and environment-related activities and initiatives of PPA.
- Advising PPA on improving environmental policies and practices in project implementation.
- Identifying and resolving environmental issues, particularly compliance risks for ongoing and proposed complex/sensitive projects, reviewing due diligence, and categorizing projects/programs.
- Experience in inspecting hazardous materials and understanding processes that produce hazardous wastes and air pollutants.
- Knowledge of HIRA, LEED, and working knowledge of ST/ETP.
- Circulating new policies, providing training, and conducting/facilitating compliance workshops to minimize non-compliances.
- Age: Below 65 years.
- Educational Qualifications: A degree from a recognized university. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, M.Sc. in Environmental Science/Environmental Studies, or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience: Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the specified areas under Para-(e) in any government organization, laboratory, research organization, or reputed private organization, in a top/senior managerial position. Preference will be given to officers retired from the Indian Forest Service (IFS) with relevant experience.
Check More Odisha Govt Jobs
A consolidated remuneration of Rs. 1,40,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Forty Thousand) per month.
Terms of Contract
- Period of Contract: 01 year with the possibility of renewal based on PPA’s requirements and the candidate’s performance.
- Leave: 12 days of casual leave only.
- Medical Facilities: Entitled to medical consultation at Paradip Port Authority Hospital for self only.
- Accommodation: Unfurnished Type-B/C quarters with payment of standard rent, including Electricity/Water charges, as applicable to Class-I Officers of PPA, subject to availability.
- Eligibility for TA/DA as applicable to Class-I Officers of PPA when on official duty outside the Head Quarter.
- Hired vehicle facilities may be provided, as per Port Officers’ admissible norms.
- The engagement is temporary and may be terminated with one month’s notice or payment in lieu thereof from either side. Termination with 24 hours’ notice is possible for unsatisfactory performance or any act detrimental to PPA’s interests.
- The contract does not guarantee absorption into Paradip Port Authority.
How To Apply
Interested candidates meeting the eligibility criteria should submit their applications in the provided format, along with self-attested certificates supporting their age, qualifications, experience, and two recent passport-size photographs. Applications must be sent via Speed post/Registered post/Courier to the following address on or before the 25th of October 2023:
Secretary, Paradip Port Authority, At/Po- Paradip, Dist- Jagatsinghpur-754142, Odisha.
Incomplete applications or those without enclosures will not be considered. PPA will not be responsible for any postal delays.
For more details check the official notification.